Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Programming the RPi

 Each time I've had to start programming a Pi from scratch, there've been two ordeals to overcome:

1.) Compile the driver for the charge controller and

2.) Program the Pi for WiFi Access Point operation.


Variables:

1.) The model: 3b+, 4b

2.) The opsys: Jessie, Buster, Stretch, Bullseye, Bookworm

3.) The program code source

All can effect the result. As time passes inevitable incompatibilities arise and have to be reconciled. Thus, I am attempting a period setup. The term 'period' is borrowed from the world of entertainment media, e.g., period clothes, period furniture, etc.. I attempt to match the software with the operating system that I have been successful with. The model may have less impact. The installation software, Raspberry Pi Imager, automates some of the work.

Currently, I have the system up and running except for a csv to image script. I'm looking at alternatives like gnuplot and matlibplot.

I expect a motor control module in a few days. The unit seems perfect, except for the use of relays in place of MOSFETs.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home