Monday, September 26, 2022

Inverter - Modified sine and Pure/true sine

 I decided, recently, to replace the existing Xantrex PWM inverter with a pure sine inverter. The output of the latter is closest to that produced by municipal utilities.

The replacement is a Samlex 2000. That unit is rated for 2000 watts where the Xantrex is rated for 1500 watts.

According to my research, the new unit will be more efficient and produce a better performance from connected devices.

The one thing I dislike is the noise. A fan runs continuously and is noisy. Power is used up unnecessarily. For this reason, I have to turn the power off every night.

I need to rework the fan design or setup automated power boot control.

Alternatively, I could create two different house wiring systems: one for pure sine devices and one for devices using PWM.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home