Monday, September 26, 2022

The importance of backup systems.

 Last week, my charge controller pooped out. I decided to replace my inverter too, while I was doing maintenance.

I replaced the charge controller with a Xantrex C60 PWM charge controller. The PWM charge controller is not to be confused with the Xantrex PWM inverter.

I received the pure sine inverter and replaced the PWM inverter.

When the new charge controller arrives, the Xantrex PWM charge controller will go back into storage. The Xantrex inverter, paired with the Xantrex charge controller, will make up a backup system. I also have a backup Raspberry Pi SoC (System on a Card) system data logger and array position controller.

I will have had a system failure and maintained household power availability. This illustrates the importance of backup systems and components.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home