An old Schumacher automobile battery charger has been used to charge the system auto batteries , for several years. One day, a couple of weeks ago, the charge went pffft. When I tried to plug the unit into the wall a grinding noise was heard. I took the thing apart. The construction was surprising. There are two button diodes used as rectifiers. One had shorted. I replaced both with standard through-hole tech diodes and reassembled the unit. Functional status restored.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Battery bank wiring modification
The battery bank has been wired in parallel with system connections at the closest battery. This creates an unbalanced load on the bank. ...
-
In a recent post I presented the equation for energy incident on a solar panel (Sm). Here I present the set of equations used to calcu...
-
This java script makes sure the date is correctly interpreted between PHP and HTML. I found this on the web: CODE //<script> /** ...
-
A python script to calculate solar position without use of ephemeris library. The script is imperfect. When the sun goes down, the posit...
No comments:
Post a Comment